Sunday, June 30, 2013

Rose Nails

I've never really been a gardener, but I do appreciate the beauty of a flower. Tis the season to dance through gardens, pick a flower or two and place them in your hair. These nails are designed to give you the essence of being in a rose bush, without all the pricks from the thorns. They are pretty simple, and you just need four different colors.

Gold, Green, Red and Black

One thing that I might have that you don't are all my "special" nail art tools! This design I use all three different brushes. My first, a normal nail polish brush, my second, a thinner brush to make smaller lines, and my third, is a nail pen. If you don't have the thinner nail brush or pen, this is what I would do (and have done)

Click the link below to quickly read how to adjust your nail polish brush! (There will be a return link right on that page as well, so you don't get lost) 


STEPS
Step 1:
Paint your nails a solid gold. (or really, whatever color you would like the back ground to be)

Step 2:
With steady hands with a normal brush, or a skinny brush, make lines randomly on your nails that resemble vines. You can do it more or less than what I did, whatever you prefer! 

Step 3:
Put a red dot by one of the vines, preferably in the middle of your nail. This will be your rose.

Step 4:
With a nail art pen or a small art tool you can dip into nail polish (that's what I had to do today because my black nail pen ran out... bummer), outline the red dots, then put swirls inside of the rose. The rose details are to the best of your ability. Mine don't look quite up to par since my nail pen was out, but my makeshift nail pen did just fine. You can figure it out, you little crafty diva.

Now you have elegant nails that say "I've been enjoying a nice glass of ice tea on my tire swing in my garden all afternoon and reading my favorite book." When in reality, you might have been watching Netflix all day. Thats fine! Just spice up your life a little with a mini nail make over! Rock on, flower child. 



No comments:

Post a Comment