Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Bee Nails

Are you a busy bee? The bee's knees? Need to explain the birds and the bees?... Well, let's not go there. What I'm trying to get at is, do you have bees on your mind? It's the start of summer you know and we are all watching out for those little stinkers! When you really look at them though, they are kind of adorable and what would be super cute with that bikini or summer dress? BEE NAILS! (minus the stings!)

These nails do require a bit of skill to do, but if you give yourself time, you'll do just fine. For this demonstration, I painted my right hand, which means I used my left... duh duh duh. We all know how our non-dominate hand always looks wonderful when our other hand looks like we got into a tragic accident at Sherwin-Williams, but after much practice, you'll be able to match them up pretty evenly. (And to be honest, I did a pretty dang good job for my using my left hand.)

You'll need three colors today

Yellow, White, and Black


And to make life easier, try to use a thick brush for both the yellow and white, and a thin brush or nail pen for the black. If you don't have a thin brush, I'll show you how to make one!

Click the link below to quickly read how to adjust your nail polish brush! (There will be a return link right on that page as well, so you don't get lost) 


STEPS
Step 1: 
Paint all of your nails a solid yellow. Since yellow is a lighter color, you may have to give yourself 2 or 3 coats. 

Step 2: 
Put an oval of white in the top center of your nail. This will be the wing of the bee. 

Step 3: 
Place a small triangle at the bottom of your nail. This will be the stinger. (ouch!) 

Step 4: 
Right behind the wing, make one thick black line, and then right in front of the wing make another black line. There should only be room for two black lines. These will be the bee's stripes. 

Step 5:
Alright, this is really starting to look like a bee! Now give your little nail bees happy faces. (or whatever face you so desire. My bees are always happy.)

Step 6:
Give the wings some detail. It really brings everything together. What I do is draw a single line, then do little branches from there. 

And there you have it! My bees went and played outside, what will yours do?





No comments:

Post a Comment