Sunday, July 21, 2013

Palm Nails 1. "Summer Caribbean Collection"

So my mother requested that I did more Caribbean themed nails, since I live in the Caribbean and it would only make sense. Therefore, I'm making my "Summer Caribbean Collection"! I will be doing maybe around 10 different styles, as long as I keep the ideas coming. 

My first installment in the Summer Caribbean Collection are one of what will be a few Palm Tree Nails. Palm tree nails are very popular, and I wanted to try something a little different today. I hope you enjoy them. They are simple, not meant to be too bright and flamboyant. There are five soft colors you will use...

Mint, Green, Light Blue, Soft Brown, and Black

As you can see, I have my nail pen and a smaller brush. My nail pen is officially dried up, and I'm just using it as a fine point brush and dipping it into the black. That works just fine. Also, I have my fancy skinny brush. You can make one yourself if you don't already own one and this is how...

Click the link below to quickly read how to adjust your nail polish brush! (There will be a return link right on that page as well, so you don't get lost) 


STEPS

Step 1:
Paint your nails a solid mint color.
Step 2:
Over lap some of the mint with the light blue starting from the bottom up. Leave some of the mint color at the tips of your nails. It gives it a fading effect.


Step 3:
Use a finer brush for these little details. Do the outline of your palm trees in the corner of your nails. 


Step 4:
With the fine brush again, give your nail a little bird in the distance.


Step 5:
With a smaller green brush, go over the black to give the palm trees some color.


Step 6:
Go over the palm trees with the light brown and the black again. You don't want them to blend into the back ground! 


Keep your eyes out for more of the Summer Caribbean Collection! 


No comments:

Post a Comment