Sunday, July 14, 2013

Fun Summer Manicure Nails

I love a good manicure, it's timeless, goes with everything and are classy. Sometimes I like to spice it up though. A manicure can get a little... well... boring. I added some sparkles, colors and fun to the equation and so could you. I used some of my favorite summer colors, but you can use whatever colors your heart desires! I used...

Gold, Mint, Silver and Blue Sparkles


One thing that I might have that you don't are all my "special" nail art tools! This design I uses two different brushes. My first, a normal nail polish brush, and my second, a thinner brush to make smaller lines. If you don't have the thinner nail brush or pen, this is what I would do (and have done).

Click the link below to quickly read how to adjust your nail polish brush! (There will be a return link right on that page as well, so you don't get lost) 



STEPS
Step 1:
Paint your nails a solid color. I chose gold for my base color.


Step 2:
Paint the top half of your nails another color! I chose mint for my top color.


Step 3:
Make small vertical stripes on the top part of your nails. I had to use my skinny brush for this part. I chose the color silver because it really stands out.


Step 4:
Using the skinny brush again, I made a line horizontal line in-between the top and the bottom. To make my line unique, I used one of my more flashy nail polishes, blue sparkles! 

These are some nails that will stand out among others. It has the spirit of summer and you can really make it your own! Say goodbye to boring manicures, say hello to being unique. =]

No comments:

Post a Comment